Monday, January 24, 2011

Can I still be a "Lifer"?

So, I good friend of mine remarked the other day upon hearing of my new position, "I thought he was a lifer" referring to a career in Student Ministry. I always thought I would be. If you had asked me two years ago if I could see myself doing something other than Student Ministry I would have given you a resounding and heartfelt "NO!" I understood my calling as one to love students and help them develop a love relationship with our Lord. And I still do. My call has simply expanded. When the opportunity for this new position came up, however, I knew that the Lord was in it. Some difficult discussions were needed and a time of waiting was inadvertently established. Throughout those trials (and they were) my wife and I wrestled with this new calling. I realized that God had been preparing me for this moment all along. What a joy these last few months have been as I dove right in to the new responsibilities. Thank you to FBC for challenging me with these new responsibilities. I pray that you will grow with me as we expand this two-fold ministry before us. We will strengthen what is already in place and we will also embark upon new endeavors. I offer this one word of advice, "Hang on, it's gonna be a wild ride!"

No comments: