Thursday, June 19, 2008

Concert of Prayer



I hope you enjoy these pictures from the concert of prayer! We had another good year as we corporately joined together to lift up our camp experiences. I was pleased to have many parents join us this year as well. It is my hope that in these last few days of preparation before camp you will continue to lift up our experience. Also, check back frequently next week as I hope to have daily updates and pictures from Youth Camp 2008!

It has been an interesting collision of two worlds for me this week. You may or may not know that we are hosting World Changers at our church this week. They are doing a phenomenal ministry in our city this week as they work to restore homes around Dyess Park. I have had the privilege of getting to know the "Hard Hats" this week. Our church's WMU, read Rena Mobley, has fixed lunch for this crew everyday and I have delivered drinks to them on their job site.

World Changers was the first place that I ever encountered a Concert of Prayer. The worship service in the middle of their week (Tuesday night) is always a Concert of Prayer. It is neat to be able to have our own while we have World Changers on our campus. One of the staffers remarked to me this afternoon that he had not ever seen it done as preparation for camp. He liked it. For those of you that participated, I hope you liked it, too!









No comments: