Monday, June 9, 2008

A Word About: Timing

As many of us get ready for camp I hope to inspire all of us with a story that was sent to me this week. I’m sure you have heard about the destruction in China and Myanmar (formerly Burma) is the last month. There is an organization called Caring for China that has been on location for 25 years. I can’t say that nothing has been accomplished over that time period, but it certainly does not compare to the amount of good work that is being done now as a response to these natural disasters. I will include a link here to the letter from the president of Caring for China found on his blogsite. Pay special attention to the last paragraph: http://hughhewitt.townhall.com/blog/g/eb8d9715-9f29-4665-aa74-84bb6ebf137d
Sometimes we are involved in certain activities for a long time before we relly feel that we are making a difference. The challenge is to continue doing what you know is reight regardless of the outcome. “Caring for China has been in China for over 25 years, and I don’t think it is an overstatement to say that all our efforts up until now were simply preparation for such a time as this.”

No comments: