Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The end of a journey...

Day 10 Saturday July 28

This was a day of relaxation.  We went into town to the craft market.  We ate lunch at the Embassy Suites (not the same, just happens to be located adjacent to the US Embassy) where I had barracuda for the first time.  Add that to fish I like.  We bought souvenirs and gifts at the craft market.  Then, we headed back to the guest house for our last supper from the Coal Pot Queens.  A journey begins with a single step and perhaps it ends with a final meal.  It was a great week of service and fellowship with a great team from First Baptist Church.
lunch at Embassy Suites

Monrovia Craft Stores

Monrovia Downtown
Day 11, 12 Sunday/Monday July 28/29

We went back to worship at the Tubman United Methodist Church.  This was Young Adult Sunday and they had a full program so I was not asked to address the congregation or bring greetings at all, which was fine with me as I still had not prepared anything.  This was my first trip not to have something prepared "just in case."  I'm so glad it wasn't needed!

not our plane
After lunch we headed to the airport.  It was much more relaxing to leave than it was to arrive.  Just a few more hours and out journey would be complete.  What a week is was.  I look forward to continued discussions with the team as we look toward the future of this partnership.

No comments: