Saturday, November 19, 2011

Favorite Things About Being Daddy...


  1. Great big hugs and snuggles first thing in the morning
  2. Hearing my sweet girls voice as she begins to have conversations with us
  3. Sweetest words ever: "I love you, daddy!"
  4. Having my daughters fall asleep in my arms on the couch (best sleep ever!)
  5. Looking forward to favorite routines like watching Caillou together right before bedtime.
  6. "Outside play, Daddy"
  7. Watching Nadia reach her hand up for mine as we walk down our mountainous driveway...
  8. continuing to hold her hand as we walk down the street.
  9. Watching my children learn...
  10. Hearing things repeated we have taught (i.e. look right, look left, no cars, go!)
  11. Excited little voice announcing my presence after being gone ("Daddy home!)
  12. Sharing life with their awesome mommy
  13. Watching Nadia take care of Lydia
  14. Excitement about school craft projects
  15. Playing catch with my two-year-old
  16. Jumping on the pillows (pippos)
  17. Dance parties
  18. Tea Parties
  19. Building palaces
  20. Reading to Nadia
  21. Nadia "reading" to me
  22. Talking on the phone to Nana, Grandaddy, Jor Jor, Al, Pat, Poppa, and Seph
  23. Nighttime cuddles
  24. Going on walks and looking for doggies
  25. Nadia rubbing my ear as she goes to sleep
  26. First smiles
  27. Hands grasping my fingers
  28. Lydia staring into my eyes
  29. Enjoying holidays through their eyes
  30. Kitty kisses
  31. Mimicking airplanes
  32. Going to the zoo
  33. Playing hide and seek
  34. Making our noses honk and beep
  35. Reading with all the voices, just like Mama did for me
  36. Helping them enjoy the things I enjoy
  37. Recognizing the responsibility of raising another human being (or two...!)
  38. Watching my wife teach them far better than I can
  39. Being surrounded by three beautiful girls! 
And the list goes on...

1 comment:

Mike Toomey said...

very fortunate man you are Dad!