Sunday, July 21, 2013

Thursday- final work day

     The teams were divided up old-fashioned schoolyard style for three final push. Allen had a crew to finish the Hagnauer corrections before FBC Jasper came in to finish that house. Stu's crew put the fishing touches on his and Allen's railings. I took Michael Carlson, Parker Wingard, Mary Will Showman, and Caroline Dekle to our 4th house for the week to buy materials and begin work to fix the facia boards on one end of the house.
     There was a babysitting crew,a shopping crew, a mission clean up crew, and a neighborhood crew as well. The construction crews all convened on my house for the afternoon. I must say all the students did a great job all week. Thursday's homeowner blessed the crew with Mountain Dews for everyone! It is always a great feeling to know that we were able to accomplish what we set out for ourselves at the beginning of the week. It was a great week that was dry when we needed it to be. Our work was not hindered at all by the weather. As we were loading the tool trailer on the final day (I am on top of the trailer securing the ladders) the bottom absolutely dropped out. By the time we got the trailer hooked up and I got into the van I looked like I had been swimming in my clothes. A good decision was made to take our #Miguel's pizza back to the lodge.

*the pizza was I've-been-on-the-trail-three-days-and-I'm-tired-of-eating-MREs-good*

No comments: