Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Sunday- The Journey Continues...

     It only counts if you spend the night, right? Now,I can say we've stayed in Minnesota. #campoutattheairport After landing in Minnesota-St. Paul airport we found out there were no Delta discount hotels left in the city. They did make available to us some foam mattresses and overnight kits. I slept on the floor of the TGI Fridays under a table.the rest of the crew camped out just over the wall. In case you are wondering the overnight announcement for the airport tram at MSP is ”the tram is now closed. Please use the moving sidewalk.” every five minutes.
Jacob on his mat
My lovely abode for the evening

After a phone call to Delta we now have 5 on the first flight, I'm on the 2nd, and Betsy and Kevin are on the 3rd.  We are still hoping to get all of us at least in the air by the 11:25 flight. Just this morning two seats opened up and I was able to get Jake and Mickie on the early flight from the last flight.
   (some time passed)      As I was waiting at the gate for the 11:25 flight Betsy took Kevin to ride the tram, mail some postcards, and walk around the for a little while before sitting down to wait. I also found out he got on the moving sidewalk on his own, which he had been reluctant to do when the whole group was walking through the airport. As we got ready to board a group came up at the last minute to board. Betsy read one of their shirts and realized it was christian band, Big Daddy Weave. It was the gate attendants first week on the job and she was totally overwhelmed by the subsequent overbooked flights as a result of the bad weather from Saturday. Since there were eight with BDW and they wouldn't split up that opened up a few more seats. I went on the plane and told Betsy to text me if they weren't going to make it. As I was getting settled I overheard the guy behind me talking to his travel companion. As I listened I thought I recognized the voice. After visiting bebenorman.com my suspicions were confirmed. Bebo is a great guy and a DAWG fan. I didn't realize he was from Columbus, GA.
     Betsy and Kevin were the beneficiaries of BDW not getting on the flight but not before getting a picture with them!  So, all three of us got on the 2nd flight and it was looking promising that we would actually make it to church. As it turned out with the last minute changes on the flights we were short one bag. Chip's bag with Betsy's name on it did not arrive with the rest of us. Since we were going to far away for them to drive it to us it would have taken until Tuesday to get the bag. I didn't trust that even that would happen with as little address information as we had for the church.  We decided to go eat a late lunch and retrieve the bag before heading on to Bridger. Unfortunately, that meant we missed church. We went to the Firehouse Brewing Company at the recommendation of the gas station attendant. And guess who we saw? Bebo Norman! When we finally got to the church and got settled in Kevin and Chip led church for us (sorry, no picture available).
     We had several hours of light left so we assessed the situation of the projects that were requested. We decided on the ones we felt we could accomplish. We plan to start checking things off the list tomorrow. I'm looking forward to a great night sleep and a fresh stay tomorrow. Enjoy these scenic shots of the Cheyenne River Valley, our home for the week.




No comments: